After Hours Care
When should you seek after-hours care instead of waiting for the Health Center to open?
As a general rule, you should seek care after regular Health Center hours in case of a medical emergency or when your medical condition appears to need attention immediately. If your medical condition is worsening quickly or if you are unable to do key activities to provide for yourself, then you should seek care from a community provider.
After-Hours Nurse Advice Line
Call toll free 1-866-439-2012 to speak with an after-hours advice nurse. For more details, click Nurse Line Service.
When is Urgent Care needed?
If your medical condition is worsening or is serious enough to interfere with your ability to perform your needed activities, then you may want to use an Urgent Care facility. Common problems would include high fever that does not respond to Tylenol, ongoing vomiting or diarrhea, moderate athletic injuries. For non-emergency after-hours care, urgent care facilities can be substantially less expensive to use than an emergency room. If you have an HMO, be sure to call for pre-approval. If you have a Preferred Provider Organization plan, check to see which facility is on your list of preferred providers.
Family & Industrial Medical Center
47 Santa Rosa St., San Luis Obispo
- From Health Center, go to Foothill Blvd.
- Continue past railroad tracks to Santa Rosa St.
- Left on Santa Rosa
- On the right, corner of Meinecke Ave.
Med Stop Urgent Care
283 Madonna Rd, #B, San Luis Obispo
- From Grand Ave, merge onto Hwy 101, South bound
- Take Madonna Road/CA-227 exit
- Left turn onto Madonna Rd
- Shopping Center on left.Merge to left lane, turn at first left into Shopping Center.
- Med Stop is next to See’s Candies.