No Show and Late Cancellation Fee
What is a No Show and Late Cancellation Fee?
Due to high patient demand and the limited availability of appointments, Health Services has instituted a "No Show and Late Cancellation Fee" policy that will result in a $20 fee if you cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice or do not show up for your appointment. Students who cancel their appointments at least 24 hours in advance will not be charged a fee. Timely cancellation will allow this appointment time to be offered to another student.
Please refer to the Counseling Services website for their specific policy.
What counts as a “No Show” or “Late Cancellation"?
A No Show or Late Cancellation is considered to be any scheduled appointment where the student:
- Does not come in for the appointment within 10 minutes of the scheduled time or
- Cancels the appointment less than 24 hours prior to the appointment
How do I cancel my appointment to avoid a fee?
- Calling the Health Center at 805-756-1211
- Cancelling in person by coming into the Health Center
- Cancelling via the Student Health Portal (accessible through your Cal Poly portal)
What if I feel like I was unfairly charged and I want to appeal the fee?
We understand that on a rare occasion there may be extenuating circumstances that prevent you from calling. If this is the case, you may download the No Show Appeal form. The appeal form must be completed and returned to the Health Center within 14 days of your missed appointment.
The completed form can be delivered to the Health Center by:
- Walking the form to the Health Center in person during our regular business hours. The form can be found here.
- Faxing the form to (805) 756-5298
- Emailing the form to email@example.com
If you have any further questions - please don't hesitate to contact us!